Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Holy smokes (conflagration station)






I was going to write about scuba diving, but I think that's going to have to wait for another time because THERE'S A HUGE FIRE IN STELLENBOSCH.

Never in my wildest dreams or old Lisa Frank artwork have I seen the sky that orange. And the sun? Bright red. It is so windy out here and I could only snap a few pictures before my lungs filled up with smoke and my eyes started burning and I started feeling really terrified. English fails me.

And yes, in case you were wondering, I am like that nerdy girl in countless Apocalypse movies who documents the destruction and basically dies because she has to blog about what's happening and doesn't realize the alien killer/firestorm/tornado is about to rip her apart. That's journalistic integrity!

No comments: